Longfellow Community Council
Job Title: Communications and Events Manager
Reports to: LCC Executive Director
Hours Per Week: 16 (some evening hours required) Flexible Schedule
Pay Rate: $14-16/hr DOQ
The Communications and Events Manager will work with residents, businesses, and staff to promote programs, activities and events in the community through LCC’s media sources. They will also be the lead staff in planning and implementing LCC special events including two annual General Membership Meetings in April and October.
- Communicate community volunteer opportunities to neighborhood groups, block clubs, churches, seniors and youth.
- Post and update information on the activities of LCC and the community on LCC’s website, yahoo groups, Facebook and in local newspapers.
- Organize, plan and implement General Membership and fundraising events to engage and activate community residents.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Create and maintain a database of volunteers, volunteer opportunities, and available meeting spaces in the community (noting accessibility).
- Previous marketing/communications experience
- Experience in database management
- Familiarity with Minneapolis neighborhood and community development organizations
- Experience working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Desire to work in a collaborative office environment and in team situations with staff and volunteers
- Analytical abilities, including problem-solving and conflict management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with Facebook, Yahoo Groups. social media, WordPress and website management.
Résumés will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 25th. A cover letter, résumé and references can be emailed to Melanie Majors at email@example.com or mailed to Longfellow Community Council c/o Melanie Majors, Executive Director. 2727 26th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55406