Longfellow Community Council
Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: LCC Executive Director
Hours Per Week: 24 (some evening hours required) Flexible Schedule
Pay Rate: $14-16/hr DOQ
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work with residents, businesses, and staff to expand LCC’s capacity to serve the diverse constituencies within the Longfellow Community, manage volunteer recruitment and coordination efforts, provide staff support to LCC committees, implement City and LCC strategic plan strategies, and address emerging issues identified as important to the vitality of the Longfellow Community.
- Provide staff support to LCC committees, which may include administrative tasks, coordinating implementation of NRP Action Plan and strategic plan strategies, and organizing programs, projects and activities.
- Organize activities to engage, activate, and support volunteer block club leaders to educate them in community building and to prevent burnout.
- Coordinate volunteer and community involvement in events and programs, with targeted efforts to involve underrepresented populations.
- Assist with researching and writing grant requests to current and prospective funders
- Work with residents, businesses, and other community stakeholders to create opportunities for broad-based community engagement
- Other projects and duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Previous community organizing experience
- Previous volunteer recruitment and management experience
- Familiarity with Minneapolis neighborhood organizations and other community development organizations
- Experience working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Desire to work in a collaborative office environment and in team situations with staff and volunteers
- Analytical abilities, including problem-solving and conflict management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 4-year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual (e.g., Spanish/English)
- Knowledge of environment and community development
- Experience with grants research and preparing funding proposals
- Familiarity with Facebook, Yahoo Groups and other social media.
Résumés will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 25th. A cover letter, résumé and references can be emailed to Melanie Majors at email@example.com or mailed to Longfellow Community Council c/o Melanie Majors, Executive Director. 2727 26th Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55406