Bicycle Registration Now Open Through The Minneapolis Police Department and 311
It’s free, and will help us return your bike if it is recovered after begin lost or stolen
Every year, thousands of bikes are lost or stolen in Minneapolis. Many of them are recovered. Yet, because of a lack of proper identification, only a small percentage are ever returned to their owners.
The Minneapolis Police Department has created an easy, on-line way to register your bicycle. You will need to include your bike’s serial number, a description of the bike–make and model–and your contact information. Use this link to register your bike and in the event it is lost or stolen, and the MPD, other agencies or city departments recover it, we will be able to return it to you quickly.
• Register online any time
• Call 311–be sure to have your bike’s serial number ready
• 311’s app: minneapolismn.gov/311 to register using your smart phone
• It could increase the chances of a stolen or lost bike being returned to the rightful owner–recovered bikes can be checked against our registered bikes database
• It’s FREE
• It’s easy—just a few minutes!
• Registration could assist in identifying incapacitated riders without IDs (like kids)