Reports To: Communications Manager
Hours Per Week: 10-25 (some evening hours required)
Pay Rate: Unpaid
The Longfellow Community Council (LCC) is the Citizen Participation or Neighborhood Organization for the Greater Longfellow Community.
The Marketing and Events Intern will work directly with the Communications Manager to coordinate annual events, including the Longfellow Garage Sale, Summer Celebration, Share the River Gorge Ice Cream Social, and the Longfellow Corn Feed
- Provide support to the Communications Manager in coordinating events, as well as monitoring event timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in marketing events to Greater Longfellow residents and businesses, and the broader community.
- Work directly with Communications Manager to coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking.
- Attend community events to help set up and clean up, and make sure that events run smoothly and efficiently.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Communications Manager and/or the Executive Director.
- Familiarity with Minneapolis neighborhood and other community development organizations.
- Experience working with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Desire to work in a collaborative office environment and in team situations with staff and volunteers.
- Analytical abilities, including problem-solving and conflict management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress. and social media platforms.
A cover letter, resume, and three references can be emailed to Bonnie Horgos at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Longfellow Community Council c/o Bonnie Horgos, Communications Manager, 2727 26th Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55406.