Job Title: Program Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Hours Per Week: 40+
Salary: $33,000 to 37,000/year DOQ
Longfellow Community Council
The Longfellow Community Council (LCC) is a community-based, 501(c) 3 citizen participation organization that represents the interests of community members, including approximately 400 business owners and 20,000 residents who live, work, learn and play within the Longfellow, Cooper, Howe, and Hiawatha Neighborhoods of South Minneapolis. LCC is the officially recognized citizen participation organization for the Greater Longfellow area.
The mission of the LCC is to improve the well being of our diverse community through engagement, involvement and empowerment.
The Program Manager will oversee, implement and report on programs and projects of the LCC. The person in this position is responsible for staffing LCC committees, managing programs and projects and ensuring that funding is secured for special projects.
- Work with community residents and committee members to develop and implement the housing, environment, transportation and community development strategies in LCC’s Strategic Plan.
- Work with community residents to organize events and meetings to build the capacity of the community to understand and evaluate emerging issues related to LCC priorities.
- Assist LCC and its committees to research information on proposed zoning and planning applications in the neighborhood. Communicate with City Planning and Zoning staff on relevant timelines and application requirements.
- Provide administrative staff support to LCC’s four committees.
- Meet with potential developers and facilitate a community, engagement process to allow resident input on proposed projects,
- Work with City Council members on initiatives related to housing, development, business, environment and transportation.
- Monitor energy related projects in the neighborhood.
- Coordinate an annual Share the Road event to encourage education about car, bike and pedestrian safety.
- Work with LCC staff to plan community building and fundraising events.
- Assist with researching and writing grant requests and reports.
- Market and advertise LCC programs, events and activities.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- B.A. or related experience in housing, environment or community development field
- Community organizing experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the Greater Longfellow and/or other Minneapolis neighborhoods
- Experience working with volunteers and people of diverse cultures & backgrounds
- Familiarity with City and County policies and processes related to housing, biking, transit and community development
- Desire to work in a collaborative office and as a team with staff and volunteers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media
- Bilingual (e.g., Spanish/English)
- Full health and dental
- Employer contribution with Simple IRA
Job posting closes on Friday, August 26th
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Melanie Majors, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 2727 26th Avenue S., Minneapolis MN 55406. No calls.