The Neighborhood Development & Transportation Committee (NDTC) addresses issues related to housing, zoning and economic development within Greater Longfellow. The committee creates and advocates for various housing programs for all citizens within the neighborhood to ensure the stabilization of our housing stock, and to promote the realization of home ownership.
NDTC works to advance and guide economic development and redevelopment in the greater Longfellow community. Residents participate on the committee, as well as on specific task forces, to monitor and influence development projects. The committee is also responsible for providing resident input on zoning applications, specifically for commercial and multi-family housing developments.
The committee is made up of neighborhood volunteers. Please consider joining us! It’s a great way to get involved in your neighborhood.
Meeting Day and Time:
- Home Improvement Loan Programs
- Seniors Aging in Place Grant Program
- Affordable Homeownership Opportunities through the City of Lakes Community Land Trust
- Sustainable Homes & Yards Workshops
Current Topics and Issues:
- Parkway West Apartments (46th St & 46th Ave)
- Longfellow Station (former Purina Site) at 38th St and Hiawatha
- Minnehaha-Hiawatha Corridor (Hennepin County Community Works)
- Howe School Site at 38th St. and 43rd Ave.
- East Lake Street Market Study
For further information:
To get involved, email email@example.com or call 612-722-4529 EXT 13.