Metro Transit is looking for community and business representatives from Longfellow to help guide the 46th Street/Ford Pkwy/Snelling Avenue Bus Rapid Transit project. Bus rapid transit, or BRT, is a package of transit enhancements that adds up to a faster trip and an improved experience on Metro Transit’s busiest bus routes. To learn more about BRT plans for the Snelling/46th corridor, check out this helpful fact sheet: Snelling BRT Fact Sheet
The Snelling BRT Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is an advisory group composed of community members representing residents (both owners and renters), businesses, property owners, and organizations with diverse knowledge of the Snelling Avenue/Ford Parkway/46th Street corridor (shown below), including experience using public transportation. The role of the CAC is to bring community voice and continuity to the Snelling Avenue BRT project development process.
The primary role of CAC members is to learn about the project and ask thought‐provoking questions while providing insight from the perspective of the community they represent. The Metro Transit Project Management Team values the community perspective and will consider the information provided by the CAC when it guides the overall direction of project development and makes final recommendations to the Metropolitan Council.
CAC members have the following responsibilities:
- Engage in thoughtful and thorough deliberation of the issues brought before the CAC.
- Represent and advocate for the interests of his/her constituency.
- Share relevant information (historical, background) with the CAC and Project ManagementTeam (PMT) members.
- Assist in informing constituencies about the Snelling BRT project and recommend appropriateavenues for engagement with the community.
- Attend all meetings. If an alternate is sent, ensure that the alternate is informed and up‐to‐dateon the project and ensure that they are, in turn, updated by the alternate.
- Work to identify solutions to issues that arise, and openly/objectively discuss and evaluatethose options.
- If members discuss the project with the media, they should be clear that they are representingtheir own views and not speaking for the CAC or the PMT.
- Additional information on the CAC, including planned meeting schedule can be found here: Snelling CAC Packet
Are you interested in serving on the Advisory Committee for the project, or do you know someone who is? Contact Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-722-4529 (ext. 5). You may also apply directly to Metro Transit via this application form: CAC Nomination Form. Application deadline is March 20th.